Week 3 Blog Assignment
Below is an infographic that highlights the key processes that support learning as discussed in Chapter 4 of How People Learn II. It emphasizes executive functioning, self-regulation, and the reconstruction of memory, and explains why these processes are essential in supporting student learning. The infographic also explores connections between this chapter and Gura’s concept of a creative learning environment, as well as Rivero’s technology-focused approach to learning. Through the integration of technology and supportive instructional practices, an ISTE Student Standard is addressed, demonstrating how students can take ownership of their learning, engage creatively, and develop meaningful understanding.
References:
Gura, M. (2020). Fostering Student Creativity. EdTech Digest the State of the Arts, Creativity, and Technology 2020: A Guide for Educators and Parents. p. 7. Gura (2020).pdf
International Society for Technology (2024). ISTE Standards. https://www.iste.org/standards
Hey there Erica! I really enjoyed your infographic! The use of color to grab our attention is great! I'm also getting a little bit of Mean Girls vibe from the font and I love it! All the connection you made in the infographic are spot on! The whole thing ties really well with the ISTE Standard for Students Empowered Learner because through creativity educators are empowering the students to become more inquiry-based learners. Overall, great blog!
ReplyDeleteHello Erica,
ReplyDeleteYour infographic is excellent! It is very aesthetically pleasing and well decorated, it conveys the main points of the chapter well, the ISTE standard you chose to highlight aligns well with the other ideas in the graphic, well done! I enjoyed reading your post, thanks for sharing!